Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Ensures customer satisfaction through the consistent and quick preparation of menu items. Knows all menu items and its ingredients. Makes sure all food is properly prepared and to the recipes and standards. Ensures kitchen staff maintains ticket times under 6 minutes. Checks final product before it is delivered to the customer to ensure proper preparation and plating.
Maintains a safe and clean work environment. Adheres to health code and hold kitchen staff accountable to do the same. Makes sure the kitchen staff is in proper uniform, works with gloves and appears clean when working within the kitchen. Keeps all kitchen areas clean, sanitized and organized. Uses proper storage techniques when storing dry goods and refrigerated goods including proper labeling and rotation of all ingredients to prevent food waste. Tests freshness and quality of products on a daily basis. Reports food quality of facilities issues immediately to Manager on Duty.
Possess good leadership skills. Directs, coordinates and delegates responsibilities to kitchen staff to ensure goal and objectives of the kitchen are met on a daily basis. Manages break schedules for kitchen staff. Reports staff issues immediately to General Manager/Assistant Manager.
Must have ability to read and understand tickets.
Works with the Store Manager to maintain a proper inventory and place orders based on recipe requirements.
Is punctual and maintains a good attendance record.
Is familiar with and abides by all restaurant policies, procedures and systems.
Is professional on all levels while clocked in or on company premises. Leaves issues not related to work, outside of work. Comes to work with a positive attitude and outlook on the day.
Communicates to management when there is an issue, whether it is personal or work related.
Maintains the utmost integrity and honesty while employed at the restaurant.
Summary of Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each key responsibility satisfactorily.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
One year certificate from college or technical school; or 1 year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skilled in using food service equipment including knives, pots, pans and ovens.
Ability to communicate with management, staff, vendors and customers. Ability to read and interpret documents such as training cards/manuals, order forms, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to complete routine reports like daily temperature logs and receiving logs. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to deal with problems and resolve them efficiently. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and hot environment.
FL Food Handlers Card required; ServSafe, Food Manager Certification Preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Occasional stooping, kneeling or crawling
Occasional pushing, pulling, lifting or carrying up to 40 lbs.
Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs, ramps.
Constant computer/POS equipment usage.
Frequent, continual, intermittent flexing or rotation of the wrist(s) and spine.
Constant reaching, turning, and performing precision work around bar area
Constant receiving detailed information through oral communication.
Constant talking, expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word
Occasional Distinguishing, with a degree of accuracy, differences or similarities in intensity or quality of flavors and/or odors.
Constant clarity of vision at near and/or far distances
FOR Bar & FOH Manager
Provides beverages by procuring beverage ingredients, condiments, supplies, and equipment; creating drink menus; generating revenues; providing social experiences and entertainment; satisfying customers; managing bar staff.Duties:
* Accomplishes bar human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
* Achieves bar operational objectives by contributing information and analysis to functional strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; identifying and resolving problems; completing audits; determining system improvements; implementing change.
* Meets bar financial objectives by estimating bar inventory requirements; analyzing drink recipes; determining ingredient, labor, and overhead costs; assigning prices to various drinks; collecting revenues; controlling alcoholic beverage portions; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
* Plans beer, wine, and spirits drink menus by researching mixology techniques and potential ingredients; executing drink recipes; creating new drinks; meeting with beer, wine, and alcohol sales representatives; interviewing customers and potential customers and others in a position to know changing preferences; anticipating trends in bar customer tastes.
* Provides bar supplies by meeting with sales representatives of bar suppliers; placing orders; replenishing stocks of glassware, paper and cleaning supplies, stirrers, condiments, wine and beer openers, ashtrays, etc.
* Keeps bar equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs; evaluating and purchasing new equipment.
* Maintains safe, secure, legal, and healthy environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation and quality of drink preparation and service standards and procedures; conforming to the regulations of the alcoholic beverage commission; monitoring customers alcohol consumption; complying with the bar's policy of providing taxi transportation for patrons "under the influence."
* Maintains customer satisfaction by investigating and resolving customer complaints about drink quality and/or service.
* Maintains bar atmosphere by arranging bottles and glasses displays; encouraging comradery; arranging entertainment; controlling lighting, background music, and video displays.
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional and trade publications; establishing personal networks.
* Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Decision Making, Process Improvement, Verbal Communication, Listening, Customer Service, Customer Focus, Food Sanitation, People Skills, People Management,
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
Prepares room for dining by clothing tables and setting decorations, condiments, candles, napkins, service plates, and utensils.
Protects establishment and patrons by adhering to sanitation, safety, and alcohol beverage control policies.
Helps patrons select food and beverages by presenting menu; offering cocktails and aperitifs; suggesting courses; explaining the chef's specialties; identifying appropriate wines; answering food preparation questions.
Transmits orders to bar and kitchen by recording patrons' choices; identifying patrons' special dietary needs and special requests.
Keeps kitchen staff informed by noting timing of meal progression.
Serves orders by picking up and delivering patrons' choices from bar and kitchen; delivering accompaniments and condiments from service bars.
Responds to additional patron requirements by inquiring of needs; observing dining process.
Maintains table setting by removing courses as completed; replenishing utensils; refilling water glasses; being alert to patron spills or other special needs.
Concludes dining experience by acknowledging choice of restaurant; inviting patrons to return.
Obtains revenues by totaling charges; issuing bill; accepting payment; delivering bill and payment to hostperson; returning change or credit card and signature slip to patrons.
Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Server Skills and Qualifications:
General Math Skills, Verbal Communication, Customer Service, Resolving Conflict, Teamwork, Persistence, Energy Level, Selling to Customer Needs, Thoroughness, Professionalism, Client Relationships
Skills and Experience
High School Diploma preferred
minimum age requirement of 21 years
working knowledge of standard drink recipes
working knowledge of spirits, wine and beer
understanding of classes of alcohol, different glasses, brand names and garnishments
working knowledge of bar equipment
knowledge and education in mixology an advantage
numeracy and cash-handling skills
able to work flexible schedules
able to work in a standing position for long periods
be able to reach and bend and frequently lift up to 50 pounds
customer service orientation
high energy level
handle a fast-paced work environment
honesty and integrity
Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 10:00am to 1:00pm
West Campus, Building 6 Breezeway
1800 S Kirkman Road, Orlando, FL